To access all parts of this site please register or login to experience all of the iKings Stargate Coalition!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

To access all parts of this site please register or login to experience all of the iKings Stargate Coalition!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
iSGC QuickCHAT!

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Hogwarts RP Experience [Pre-Launch Whitelist Thread]
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:25 pm by trenty43

» Whats your age?
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:33 am by xFrozt

» can you let me come on because i want to build.
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:58 am by Alphachic

» Look This Theiking (i hope you wont be angry)
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:59 pm by Sunshine102

» Hogwarts RP Experience Backstory [Pre-Lauch]
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 am by Blind_guard666

» My whitelist application?
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:00 pm by Tmaples

» Question & answer with HaTo_HeRo
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:33 pm by HaTo_HeRo

» Little good and frendly idea for server :D
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:48 pm by TheiKing

» iSGC Plus Newsletter: VERY IMPORTANT!
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:54 am by TheiKing

» A mini idea I had for the server!
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 am by Blind_guard666

» Head's of House's
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 pm by Loganscottman91

» The New Hogwarts Exp Timeline
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:30 am by Blind_guard666

» Dear iKing...
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 pm by Loganscottman91

» Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 am by Blind_guard666

» Banned Griefers: Named, Blamed and Shamed.
Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:58 am by Blind_guard666

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal

+5
TheiKing
predator289
HaTo_HeRo
garagband08
Luisedgm
9 posters

Go down

Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal Empty Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal

Post  Luisedgm Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:10 am

Hello, I am Luisedgm the creator of the Apothecarium mod, i have been receiving requests from members of this community to make a bukkit version of my mod.

Now the problem is that i really don't have time to make it, im already really busy with just the single player version, college and work, but they mentioned that this community have good modders available to help, so i came to make a proposal:

I can make my source code available and give my permission for you guys to create the bukkit version of the Apothecarium Mod, i just ask for a few conditions:

-When finished the source code of the bukkit version must be made available for me
-I Still own all the rights of the mod
-I will be free to distribute the bukkit version to everyone else

Anyone who help in the project will have their name on the credits, and i will make clear that the bukkit version was made by your team.

I hope we can come to an agreement, thank you for your time.

Luisedgm
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18507

Back to top Go down

Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal Empty Re: Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal

Post  garagband08 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Thank you so much for allowing this server to make a plugin version and btw your mod is amazing. Very Happy

garagband08
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18574

Back to top Go down

Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal Empty Re: Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal

Post  Luisedgm Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:19 pm

No problem

As soon as i have confirmation from your admins i shall make the source code available.

Oh i just have one more request: i will ask to those who will edit it to not reveal the functions that control the potions creation, it would really spoil the fun if everyone knew how exactly they work.

Luisedgm
Builder
Builder

Back to top Go down

Post  HaTo_HeRo Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 am

I've actually tried out your mod... It's pretty fun too! unfortunately if we did manage to bukkit-a-fy it, we would probably have to remove some potions ... such as the slime and strange potions for obvious reasons... I'd love to see it implemented though!

Last edited by HaTo_HeRo on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo(derped it again))

HaTo_HeRo
Mod
Mod

MCPoints : 19525

Back to top Go down

Post  predator289 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:43 am

Ive been playing around with your mod most of the day. It is absolutely amazing!

I wish i had a better understanding of Java because i would have loved to see this into Bukkit development. Re-Skinning a mods so much easier then building one Smile

2 Questions though:

1) Wouldn't this require players to install the client side version, as well as the Bukkit plugin on the server side?

Just wondering how players would have access to the extra 'blocks/items' you've created as they wouldn't be available ingame to those who didn't have your mod already installed. It would be the same if the Mod 'BetterBlox' was for Bukkit, Players would need to install it on their side as well as have access for the server side to see the extra blocks created by the mod.

2) Also does the mod create new functions, requirements, and triggers client side? Such as the Bounce Gel, or the Speed Gel. Is the code used to create un-natural actions (such as bouncing and speedup) originally in minecrafts coding, or did you recreate new code to accommodate the new actions? Im just wondering if the changes made by the Mod would even work in a bukkit environment.

Again the mods pure genius. I hope a developer here takes it, because its absolutely fantastic. Just a shame i wouldn't know where to begin Smile
predator289
predator289
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18715

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:58 am

Yes, Im currently attempting to scramble together our modding team, all are on their vacations at the moment so its hard to get them online. But yes we will totally take on this project.
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

MCPoints : 20100

http://ikingssgc.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  HaTo_HeRo Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:03 am

Woot! It really is quite an amazing mod... But pred has a point... Would each individual player have to install the smp version in order to use it? Seeing as though there is new items and plants... They aren't in the jar files so I think they would need to install it... :S... Praying it works out all good though

HaTo_HeRo
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Luisedgm Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:54 am

predator289 wrote:Ive been playing around with your mod most of the day. It is absolutely amazing!

I wish i had a better understanding of Java because i would have loved to see this into Bukkit development. Re-Skinning a mods so much easier then building one Smile

2 Questions though:

1) Wouldn't this require players to install the client side version, as well as the Bukkit plugin on the server side?

Just wondering how players would have access to the extra 'blocks/items' you've created as they wouldn't be available ingame to those who didn't have your mod already installed. It would be the same if the Mod 'BetterBlox' was for Bukkit, Players would need to install it on their side as well as have access for the server side to see the extra blocks created by the mod.

2) Also does the mod create new functions, requirements, and triggers client side? Such as the Bounce Gel, or the Speed Gel. Is the code used to create un-natural actions (such as bouncing and speedup) originally in minecrafts coding, or did you recreate new code to accommodate the new actions? Im just wondering if the changes made by the Mod would even work in a bukkit environment.

Again the mods pure genius. I hope a developer here takes it, because its absolutely fantastic. Just a shame i wouldn't know where to begin Smile

1) It would require the players to install a client version to see gels, herbs and cauldrons

2) Most effects are pretty simple, the bounce gel for example should be really easy to implement, i did try to reuse most of notch functions.

TheiKing wrote:Yes, Im currently attempting to scramble together our modding team, all are on their vacations at the moment so its hard to get them online. But yes we will totally take on this project.

No worries, i can wait, i will PM you with the code once your team is ready.

Luisedgm
Builder
Builder

Back to top Go down

Post  garagband08 Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:22 pm

nice apothecarium mod coming in plugin for sweet! Very Happy

garagband08
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18574

Back to top Go down

Post  HaTo_HeRo Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:55 am

Luisedgm wrote:
1) It would require the players to install a client version to see gels, herbs and cauldron

So, if one player didn't install the mod, they can't see it, but any other players with the mod, can see it?... That could be useful... Make it an elective class... If they want to do the class they have to install the mod... Works for us AND sends publicity your way... Because I'll make sure to credit you for EVERYTHING, AND advertise your amazing mod! Very Happy

HaTo_HeRo
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  mafmaf919 Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:59 pm

i have the mod and it shows up but it says item doesnt exist Very Happy
mafmaf919
mafmaf919
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18573

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:00 am

.....we dont have support for the original mod, if you need help make a post on the minecraft forum post.
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Luisedgm Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:15 am

HaTo_HeRo wrote:
Luisedgm wrote:
1) It would require the players to install a client version to see gels, herbs and cauldron

So, if one player didn't install the mod, they can't see it, but any other players with the mod, can see it?... That could be useful... Make it an elective class... If they want to do the class they have to install the mod... Works for us AND sends publicity your way... Because I'll make sure to credit you for EVERYTHING, AND advertise your amazing mod! Very Happy

...or that may crash the client of the guy who doesn't have it, depends on how the multiplayer version is implemented.

When you guys are ready to start it send me a message on the minecraft forum please, i check that place more often.

If you wish to wait more i will release a new version some weeks after 1.8 with new features. (mainly new potions and a bit more of slime love)

Luisedgm
Builder
Builder

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:44 am

Luisedgm wrote:
HaTo_HeRo wrote:
Luisedgm wrote:

...or that may crash the client of the guy who doesn't have it, depends on how the multiplayer version is implemented.

When you guys are ready to start it send me a message on the minecraft forum please, i check that place more often.

If you wish to wait more i will release a new version some weeks after 1.8 with new features. (mainly new potions and a bit more of slime love)

Yeah, 1.8 makes me a little sick to my stomach thinking of all the upgrading of mods/plugins. The way we want to implement it in multiplayer is without the need of a client mod. Most of the members of the hogwarts rp experience server cant even read the signs at spawn that explain how to get sorted I doubt they could manage to install a client mod. So the whole idea of my servers is simplicity, I was talking to a few of our devs about working on it after 1.8 and if they would be able to just make it use normal or non natural objects already in the game do the functions of the material in the mod instead of using a client mod with it. Or maybe make three different versions, one that doesn't require client mod but still offers functionality, one that requires the client mod, or one that doesn't require the client mod and offers some level of functionality but in order to use all of the features you would need the client mod. I really truly want the multiplayer version of this mod to be made Smile Sure its gonna take alot of work but in the end it will be extremly worth it.

Also I was just wondering if you would be ok with it being an exclusive plugin to iSGC servers only as well as your server if you run one at least for a few weeks/months. Part of what makes our Hogwarts Server stand out is we have things that none of the other hogwarts servers have. (that and the fact we were the first hogwarts server, been open since april) This plugin/mod would be the exclusivity feature we need to get things on a top notch level. Hope you would be ok with that Smile
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HaTo_HeRo Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:56 am

TheiKing wrote:
Luisedgm wrote:
HaTo_HeRo wrote:
Luisedgm wrote:

Yeah, 1.8 makes me a little sick to my stomach thinking of all the upgrading of mods/plugins. The way we want to implement it in multiplayer is without the need of a client mod. Most of the members of the hogwarts rp experience server cant even read the signs at spawn that explain how to get sorted I doubt they could manage to install a client mod. So the whole idea of my servers is simplicity, I was talking to a few of our devs about working on it after 1.8 and if they would be able to just make it use normal or non natural objects already in the game do the functions of the material in the mod instead of using a client mod with it. Or maybe make three different versions, one that doesn't require client mod but still offers functionality, one that requires the client mod, or one that doesn't require the client mod and offers some level of functionality but in order to use all of the features you would need the client mod. I really truly want the multiplayer version of this mod to be made Smile Sure its gonna take alot of work but in the end it will be extremly worth it.

Also I was just wondering if you would be ok with it being an exclusive plugin to iSGC servers only as well as your server if you run one at least for a few weeks/months. Part of what makes our Hogwarts Server stand out is we have things that none of the other hogwarts servers have. (that and the fact we were the first hogwarts server, been open since april) This plugin/mod would be the exclusivity feature we need to get things on a top notch level. Hope you would be ok with that Smile

So uhhh how 'bout that megaquote?

Seriously though, if it would be able to work with only the people with the mod could see it that would be great... To be honest, we wouldn't even need the plants growing on the ground... Seeing as though the only exploring people want to do is the restricted areas... "What's that sign say? Stay out or e banned? I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!"

HaTo_HeRo
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Kressara Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:53 pm

I think it would be rather cool if you did have to go out and search for the ingredients yourself. Like if you got Potions homework, you would have to go scavenge for the supplies. Or you could just have the teachers give every student the needed supplies when they're teaching a new potion in class.
Looking for the ingredients could also be good Herbology homework.
Thats just my two cents at least.
Kressara
Kressara
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18637

Back to top Go down

Post  trenty43 Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:04 pm

kress i think thats a good two cents, and i think its more like a 5 dollar bill
trenty43
trenty43
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18774

Back to top Go down

Post  HaTo_HeRo Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Kressara wrote:I think it would be rather cool if you did have to go out and search for the ingredients yourself. Like if you got Potions homework, you would have to go scavenge for the supplies. Or you could just have the teachers give every student the needed supplies when they're teaching a new potion in class.
Looking for the ingredients could also be good Herbology homework.
Thats just my two cents at least.

I know it would be more fun, but I was thinking from a performance perspective... Also, if you played to mod, the herbs aren't exactly easy to find... I've played it in smp... I can only find 2 different types, and not many of them

HaTo_HeRo
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Luisedgm Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Hello again everyone, i bring good and bad news:

Bad news
Im dropping the Apothecarium project due mostly to lack of time and real life problems.

Good news
The source code is available on the main thread of the Apothecarium mod in the minecraft forums, use as you wish as long as the Terms of Use are not violated (the original conditions are null).

Good luck with your server!

Btw you guys can make the plugin be exclusive for your server only if you wish.

Luisedgm
Builder
Builder

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Luisedgm wrote:Hello again everyone, i bring good and bad news:

Bad news
Im dropping the Apothecarium project due mostly to lack of time and real life problems.

Good news
The source code is available on the main thread of the Apothecarium mod in the minecraft forums, use as you wish as long as the Terms of Use are not violated (the original conditions are null).

Good luck with your server!

Btw you guys can make the plugin be exclusive for your server only if you wish.
Crap Sad well now that the source code is out there is no use in making a plugin for it because in a short time there will be like 20 Apothecarium plugins and there goes the exclusivity factor Sad

*crys like a baby and crawls into fetal position*

Lol thanks for letting us know, i understand time restrictions and everything (plus all the crap 1.8 brought)
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  trenty43 Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:31 pm

king maybe you could do it but add harry potter names or other herbs and potions like the poly juice or the ageing potion
trenty43
trenty43
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18774

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:56 pm

trenty43 wrote:king maybe you could do it but add harry potter names or other herbs and potions like the poly juice or the ageing potion

i cant code.
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_guard666 Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 am

I kinda can if you need help. or its just probably a case of changing themes in a txt file that comes with the mod, like in planes mod. (All aboard the dickship!)
Blind_guard666
Blind_guard666
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 19501

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum