To access all parts of this site please register or login to experience all of the iKings Stargate Coalition!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

To access all parts of this site please register or login to experience all of the iKings Stargate Coalition!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
iSGC QuickCHAT!

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Hogwarts RP Experience [Pre-Launch Whitelist Thread]
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:25 pm by trenty43

» Whats your age?
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:33 am by xFrozt

» can you let me come on because i want to build.
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:58 am by Alphachic

» Look This Theiking (i hope you wont be angry)
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:59 pm by Sunshine102

» Hogwarts RP Experience Backstory [Pre-Lauch]
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 am by Blind_guard666

» My whitelist application?
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:00 pm by Tmaples

» Question & answer with HaTo_HeRo
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:33 pm by HaTo_HeRo

» Little good and frendly idea for server :D
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:48 pm by TheiKing

» iSGC Plus Newsletter: VERY IMPORTANT!
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:54 am by TheiKing

» A mini idea I had for the server!
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 am by Blind_guard666

» Head's of House's
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 pm by Loganscottman91

» The New Hogwarts Exp Timeline
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:30 am by Blind_guard666

» Dear iKing...
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 pm by Loganscottman91

» Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 am by Blind_guard666

» Banned Griefers: Named, Blamed and Shamed.
Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:58 am by Blind_guard666

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended!

+13
kloud_strife
xFrozt
kailin
morphor
Thilo
J20Green
lorki212
Bill_S
mrpickles71
XLightzOutX
XDarkFyreX
Volutional
TheiKing
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended!

Post  kailin Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:22 am

2 server rules i found that suits some of the bitching going on:
1) Try to have a good attitude. If you come on the server with attitude we’ll snap right back. We worked too hard and too long to make this server a great, welcoming place to let anyone log on and start ripping our stuff apart. If you are unwilling to try us out before joining then we are not the right community for you. What goes along with this is no bitching. We are all human and the admins and mods will make mistakes – don’t complain incessantly about things that cannot/will not be changed.
2) Admins and mods may check in on you at any time, no matter your length of time on the server. Accidents happen and we will give long time residents opportunities to explain themselves for any inappropriate behavior.

kailin
Mod
Mod

MCPoints : 19581

Back to top Go down

Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended!

Post  XLightzOutX Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 am

Wow you would be cowardly enough to not even let my post up but change it to something stupid. Just goes to prove what I said when I make suggestions you just deny and this time you made yourself look like a complete idiot. As a host of a server it is your responsibility to help players, continuously improve the servers and listen to their suggestions and apply it no matter how annoying it gets. If you don't like that, then you should stop hosting a server.

Last edited by XLightzOutX on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

XLightzOutX
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18625

Back to top Go down

Death Eater/ Auroa Project Suspended! - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Eater/ Auroa Project suspended!

Post  kloud_strife Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:19 am

When you griefed, you gave up yopur right to speak.

Last edited by kloud_strife on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

kloud_strife
Mod
Mod

MCPoints : 19534

Back to top Go down

Post  TehTomaz Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:20 am

Wow you would be cowardly enough to not even let my post up but change it to something stupid. Just goes to prove what I said when I make suggestions you just deny and this time you made yourself look like a complete idiot.
do everyone a fucking favor and stfu, and fuck off. a staff is there to moderate you, they know what actions to take fuckface.

TehTomaz
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18670

Back to top Go down

Post  SnazzyEnglishman Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:13 pm

TheiKing wrote:
Volutional wrote:WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THEN AND NOT THE NEXT 2 DAYS?
and how many times do i have to say, roleplay is not about the chat or stupid nick names. Now the class schedule the house points and all the events we have planned THATS roleplay. What would you like me to do, get an elf costume and go around acting like a mentally retarded cat huh? What is your idea of roleplay ? hmm? CHAT IS NOT ROLEPLAY ROLEPLAY IS THE ACTIONS YOU TAKE TO ASSUME THE IDENTITY OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

Roleplay is like acting. You act out a character. We should be acting out Wizards. Chat is, in actual fact, a very big part of RPing. Someone stood in Diagon shouldn't be able to hear what someone in Hogwarts is saying. But, that's what is happening. You should only be able to speak people within a certain radius of yourself. There should be options to whisper to people, shout and just normal chat. This server isn't really RP at all, it simply prolongs the giving of spells. The only people that actually DO RP are the teachers, whilst teaching. The rest of the time it's OOC chat.

Regarding the Death Eaters, do you really think this would have been such a big problem if you had the correct chat plugin? Answer, no. It wouldn't. Sure, they would have recruited. That was inevitable with the terrible leadership they had and inability to listen. But no one would have seen AVADA KEDAVRA! over and over again.

Names again are a very big part of RP. If you know someone in the real world named SnazzyEnglishman, or Volutional, or xFrozt, then please, tell us.

You may have done things that we appreciate, but i joined for an RP server. If you can't deliver that then Volutional won't be the first to leave, i'll be out next, followed by many others. In fact, i've already found another server, quite like this one, except attention to detail is incredible.

SnazzyEnglishman
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18683

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Ok you listen to me, we put these chat plugins in and noone used them , so instead of them wasting ram we removed them. Your perfectly welcome to get out right now. But the fact of the matter is we cannot give people nick names do to the fact that many of our plugins malfunction if names arent calibrated correctly. Ive said this many times.
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

MCPoints : 20164

http://ikingssgc.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Also as for per radius chatting, staff wouldnt be able to see the entire chat that way and couldnt see if people were griefing.
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XLightzOutX Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:50 pm

@iking but can't you just check the chat log for that? And also @Snazzy I would like to know the IP of that server :p

XLightzOutX
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18625

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:53 pm

XLightzOutX wrote:@iking but can't you just check the chat log for that? And also @Snazzy I would like to know the IP of that server :p
...... do you know how long it takes to load an active server log?
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SnazzyEnglishman Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 pm

TheiKing wrote:Ok you listen to me, we put these chat plugins in and noone used them , so instead of them wasting ram we removed them. Your perfectly welcome to get out right now. But the fact of the matter is we cannot give people nick names do to the fact that many of our plugins malfunction if names arent calibrated correctly. Ive said this many times.

HeroChat would be used if it were the only option available. Play any other RP server and they'll be using HeroChat. Also, it's called trust. Keep a backup of the map somewhere. Every time you make a considerable change, save the map. It's not that difficult. People can still use /tell or /msg to tell you if someones griefing.

SnazzyEnglishman
Builder
Builder

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFyre Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:03 pm

TehTomaz wrote:
do everyone a fucking favor and stfu, and fuck off. a staff is there to moderate you, they know what actions to take fuckface.
language dude....

also i can't seem to log into my normal XDarkFyreX account.... not sure why...

DarkFyre
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18612

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:05 pm

herochat is incompatible with permissions 3.1.6 at the moment anyways and even if it were compatibe it classes with half the custom plugins we have so that isnt an option., and you do realize this map is 400 megabytes big...not that simple to back it up. Also ...classes have been running all day, events have been happening all day i gave out 4 indie game packs.....guess you all missed that (xlight)
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SnazzyEnglishman Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:31 pm

TheiKing wrote:herochat is incompatible with permissions 3.1.6 at the moment anyways and even if it were compatibe it classes with half the custom plugins we have so that isnt an option., and you do realize this map is 400 megabytes big...not that simple to back it up. Also ...classes have been running all day, events have been happening all day i gave out 4 indie game packs.....guess you all missed that (xlight)

Then i'd suggest you take RP out of the server name then, as you can't support proper RP. I could tell you now that servers have much bigger maps (e.g. Lord Of The Craft) and back it up fine. You say you want to keep the server as simple as possible, but perhaps now it's time to stop keeping it simple and mix things up a bit.

SnazzyEnglishman
Builder
Builder

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:42 pm

hey hey xlight.....fuck off
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bl8nks Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:52 am

Who is xlight? And why everyone mad at him? What did he do? Sorry I'm new.

bl8nks
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18614

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:51 am

bl8nks wrote:Who is xlight? And why everyone mad at him? What did he do? Sorry I'm new.

He griefed, and then got angry cuz hew was banned for griefing.
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3