To access all parts of this site please register or login to experience all of the iKings Stargate Coalition!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

To access all parts of this site please register or login to experience all of the iKings Stargate Coalition!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
iSGC QuickCHAT!

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Hogwarts RP Experience [Pre-Launch Whitelist Thread]
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:25 pm by trenty43

» Whats your age?
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:33 am by xFrozt

» can you let me come on because i want to build.
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:58 am by Alphachic

» Look This Theiking (i hope you wont be angry)
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:59 pm by Sunshine102

» Hogwarts RP Experience Backstory [Pre-Lauch]
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 am by Blind_guard666

» My whitelist application?
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:00 pm by Tmaples

» Question & answer with HaTo_HeRo
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:33 pm by HaTo_HeRo

» Little good and frendly idea for server :D
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:48 pm by TheiKing

» iSGC Plus Newsletter: VERY IMPORTANT!
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:54 am by TheiKing

» A mini idea I had for the server!
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 am by Blind_guard666

» Head's of House's
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 pm by Loganscottman91

» The New Hogwarts Exp Timeline
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:30 am by Blind_guard666

» Dear iKing...
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 pm by Loganscottman91

» Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 am by Blind_guard666

» Banned Griefers: Named, Blamed and Shamed.
Homework Idea by Simoa I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:58 am by Blind_guard666

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Homework Idea by Simoa

+7
xFrozt
TheiKing
Brogren
mafmaf919
jad36
mrpickles71
Simoa
11 posters

Go down

Homework Idea by Simoa Empty Homework Idea by Simoa

Post  Simoa Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Well i have come up with an idea for Hogwarts to have homework given to teachers. At the end of class the teacher can give out homework to do on the subject we learned. The homework can be from studying to finding materials. Homework can be optional. When a new class started on the same subject you can give the homework in for a reward like 2 or more reagents for example.
Also I was thinking there could be a big prizefor winning this. This would be a Homework Leaderboards. The student or house (depends what the prize would be) that has the most homework completed in a certain time like a month or week would win the jackpot. Maybe if there are top 3 students from the same house that would become a prize for the house. Well this is my idea to try and add new features to the Hogwarts server. It can be used for the time when no classes are held or just to learn and be a better wizard.
Simoa Very Happy

Simoa
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18704

Back to top Go down

Homework Idea by Simoa Empty Re: Homework Idea by Simoa

Post  mrpickles71 Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:26 am

not a bad idea....Smile.....it won't need a new plugin.......so, the only reason we couldn't do this is if teachers don't want to keep track of the leader boards......but then again, because this idea is flexible, we can just do the homework with out the leader boards........either way....good idea Very Happy

mrpickles71
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18726

Back to top Go down

Post  jad36 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 am

good idea simoa. the problem is we cant keep track of cheaters since this is a completely manually run activity. we'll see Smile
jad36
jad36
Mod
Mod

MCPoints : 18727

Back to top Go down

Post  mafmaf919 Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:23 pm

yes id say like for transfiguration or something Smile
mafmaf919
mafmaf919
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18593

Back to top Go down

Post  Brogren Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:16 am

Do you really think people would do this?

Today, we are about 50-60 active players. I'm thinking that no more than five players would do this. And to design homework for five player is not something I wanna do.

If you get more support, I could create homework in History of Magic to try this out but only if you get more people involved.
Tell them to check your thread out.
Brogren
Brogren
Admin
Admin

MCPoints : 18737

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:47 am

Its a nice idea, but the implementation would never work. Even if everyone participated in it which is highly unlikely, it would be hell keeping it all organized. I like the idea alot but just dont think that many people would want to do homework for a minecraft server they are supposed to be having "fun" in lol.
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

MCPoints : 20120

http://ikingssgc.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mrpickles71 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:07 am

idk about u, but I would do anything to get more in this server (everybody should know that by now...btw...I'm prolly donating soon.....to get more...and to help Very Happy), and if it's simply just doing homework, when most of the time ur on the server nothing is going on, I would love to have something to do. Maybe, to make it a fun task, we could have people do things that are based on the map (scavenger hunts, etc.), but now, instead of a random giveaway, your actually giving them as "homework." Get as creative as u want (teachers) Smile !!!!! AND REMEMBER, THERE'S A REWARD.....PPL LIKE REWARDS

mrpickles71
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18726

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:31 am

mrpickles71 wrote:idk about u, but I would do anything to get more in this server (everybody should know that by now...btw...I'm prolly donating soon.....to get more...and to help Very Happy), and if it's simply just doing homework, when most of the time ur on the server nothing is going on, I would love to have something to do. Maybe, to make it a fun task, we could have people do things that are based on the map (scavenger hunts, etc.), but now, instead of a random giveaway, your actually giving them as "homework." Get as creative as u want (teachers) Smile !!!!! AND REMEMBER, THERE'S A REWARD.....PPL LIKE REWARDS

Come up with a detailed plan on how to do these events and I will put it into the server Smile .. by detailed i mean, locations, items, schedules. Everything that makes it tick.
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xFrozt Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:51 pm

hmm was just thinking about a homework idea for fun. >.<
maybe like for charms since that we just learnt respiro the homework could be like find something that only appears deep underwater or like a teacher places something deep underwater and the students have to tell them what it is or something.
just an idea btw >.<
xFrozt
xFrozt
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18638

Back to top Go down

Post  Brogren Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:35 pm

xFrozt wrote:hmm was just thinking about a homework idea for fun. >.<
maybe like for charms since that we just learnt respiro the homework could be like find something that only appears deep underwater or like a teacher places something deep underwater and the students have to tell them what it is or something.
just an idea btw >.<

I like that idea but people WILL cheat and try to earn more points/reagents by spreading what it is we hid to other members of their house.

And do you have enough reagents for such a search? The time under water can be pretty long.
Brogren
Brogren
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmkjak Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:09 pm

i agree with this idea i already have a few homework ideas id like to share:
care of magical creatures:
at night find a werewolf(plain old wolf)

charms:
do assignments that go with lessons

care of magical creatures + charms:
for extra credit in both care of magical creatures and charms you can kill 5 of the same mob with a dueling spell (when we learn some) and bring the drops back as a reward

histroy of magic:
history of magic homework can kind of be a clue hunt in the library where your teacher tells you to read a book and tells you which bookcase its in you find a clue, do what it says on the clue, find another, and so on, then when you come to the final sign saying "homework completed" you ./msg a staff member the coords

herbology:
you need to get a certain herb( mushroom, seeds, wheat,) and bring it to the professor

i could help organize the homework and build the clue hunt areas and i can keep track of points if we have a house vs house thing or something. I can also think of more homework ideas for different subjects if we get more teachers or just more ideas for the homework of subjects we already have

dmkjak
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18610

Back to top Go down

Post  Simoa Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Some more Homework ideas could be

Finding items in and outside of Hogwarts
Also collecting them. You can give them directions to where to find huts or magical landmaks etc and there you can find the item you need

Simoa
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18704

Back to top Go down

Post  dmkjak Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:31 pm

i would love for there to be homework like i said i can help build and come up with ideas

dmkjak
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18610

Back to top Go down

Post  jad36 Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:58 pm

if there is enough interest, if i dont forget, and if king approves, i will be adding a bunch of stuff for people to find. hidden loot and such.
jad36
jad36
Mod
Mod

MCPoints : 18727

Back to top Go down

Post  garagband08 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:56 pm

i definitely want the homework idea implemented into this server.

garagband08
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18594

Back to top Go down

Post  Kressara Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:10 pm

As much as I hate homework, this actually does sound fun. And if people cheat, you can always deal with them like how teachers deal with cheaters in school. Give them detention, take away house points, etc.
Kressara
Kressara
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18657

Back to top Go down

Post  garagband08 Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:21 pm

this would also keep us occupied during non class hour's

garagband08
Builder
Builder

MCPoints : 18594

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Yes i want to do it, ive just been super busy rebuilding the website, fixing plugin errors. and on top of all that im getting ready for my senior year and applying to colleges
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kailin Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm

sounds like a good idea.. but if i know players.. they will use the internet just cause they're lazy and dont have a real brain in their skull

kailin
Mod
Mod

MCPoints : 19537

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Plan some things and send me a pm back with your ideas, MUST BE EXTREMELY DETAILED.... Extremely detailed
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brogren Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:09 pm

TheiKing wrote:Plan some things and send me a pm back with your ideas, MUST BE EXTREMELY DETAILED.... Extremely detailed

Deliated ylemertxe!

Yes, I'm bored at work!
Brogren
Brogren
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down