To access all parts of this site please register or login to experience all of the iKings Stargate Coalition!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

To access all parts of this site please register or login to experience all of the iKings Stargate Coalition!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
iSGC QuickCHAT!

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Hogwarts RP Experience [Pre-Launch Whitelist Thread]
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:25 pm by trenty43

» Whats your age?
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:33 am by xFrozt

» can you let me come on because i want to build.
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:58 am by Alphachic

» Look This Theiking (i hope you wont be angry)
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:59 pm by Sunshine102

» Hogwarts RP Experience Backstory [Pre-Lauch]
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 am by Blind_guard666

» My whitelist application?
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:00 pm by Tmaples

» Question & answer with HaTo_HeRo
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:33 pm by HaTo_HeRo

» Little good and frendly idea for server :D
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:48 pm by TheiKing

» iSGC Plus Newsletter: VERY IMPORTANT!
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:54 am by TheiKing

» A mini idea I had for the server!
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 am by Blind_guard666

» Head's of House's
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 pm by Loganscottman91

» The New Hogwarts Exp Timeline
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:30 am by Blind_guard666

» Dear iKing...
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 pm by Loganscottman91

» Apothecarium Mod Bukkit Project Proposal
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 am by Blind_guard666

» Banned Griefers: Named, Blamed and Shamed.
Server Policies I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:58 am by Blind_guard666

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Server Policies

3 posters

Go down

Server Policies Empty Server Policies

Post  TheiKing Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Server Policies

The following are the Terms of Use. Please read and understand them before connecting to our server.
*IMPORTANT* DO NOT ASK FOR RANKS....EVER! CONSISTANT ASKING FOR A RANK WILL ONLY ANNOY THE ADMINS AND MAKE THEM IGNORE YOU
* We do our best to be a free build community. What this means is if there is space and the area isn’t protected you are welcome to build where ever you like. There are limitations. We do ask that you not have 50 running projects at once. We’d like you to focus on a few projects before moving on. We don’t want eyesores of half finished buildings that a person got bored with and left behind. If the project is large you must get approval. The reason being is that we’d like to have a history of seeing a player follow through with completing their builds before approving a large endeavor.
* Try to have a good attitude. If you come on the server with attitude we’ll snap right back. We worked too hard and too long to make this server a great, welcoming place to let anyone log on and start ripping our stuff apart. If you are unwilling to try us out before joining then we are not the right community for you. What goes along with this is no bitching. We are all human and the admins and mods will make mistakes – don’t complain incessantly about things that cannot/will not be changed.
* No griefing and no duping. This sort of behavior undermines everything we are working on. Anyone caught doing either will banned on the spot. After the banning we will give you a chance to explain yourself, but if it becomes a recurring theme you can be perma-banned. We have punished people with temporary bans for stupid, immature behaviors that are dangerous and irresponsible. Don’t make us have to go after you too.
* All users begin with a trial account – it lasts for seven days and we request that you log on regularly. If residents are absent for more then 7 days their privileges will be revoked and they will have to petition/appeal via the web form. If residents are taking a break/or will be absent for a period, notice must be given to an admin to prevent revocation of rights.
* All users begin with a trial account – it lasts for seven days and we request that you log on regularly. Additionally, the probation period is designed to show that you are a mature player and will be a good fit on the server. We ask while in this state to limit your building to one plot within the city. If residents are absent for more then 7 days their privileges will be revoked and they will have to petition/appeal via the web form. If residents are taking a break/or will be absent for a period, notice must be given to an admin to prevent revocation of rights.
* Admins and mods may check in on you at any time, no matter your length of time on the server. Accidents happen and we will give long time residents opportunities to explain themselves for any inappropriate behavior. We do use grief alert so it is likely you will be spied on for using minecarts, lava, lighters and water.
* You also agree that the server may go down and things may get lost. This isn’t perfect and while we will do the best we can to preserve your work, shit happens. It is recommended you be especially careful when the pink font of doom appears. Saves do not happen and a server crash will result in a loss of data. Additionally, while we will try to replace items that are lost from inventory, we can only replace things so much. People who abuse this will not be able to take advantage – we don’t give handouts
* These terms are subject to change. You are responsible for keeping up to date with the rules.
* You also agree to use the authentication code you are given upon becoming a resident to register for the website. This ensures our ability to get in touch with you.
* You agree to follow the basic rules of etiquette. This is not a complete list, but rather a general guideline for behavior that we find appropriate. Blantantly ignoring these rules time and time again can result in temporary and permanent bans.
o Your time is less important the other people’s time. If you ask someone for help or want to show them something and they say they are busy please leave them alone. Many times they will let you know when they are free. This is especially important with regards to your mods and admins. Sometimes mods are cleaning up fires or admins are working on adding new features to the server. These folk barely have time to mine much less build so if they are working on their own project give them their space.
o Respect other people’s property. Don’t go snooping around their house without their permision and don’t peek into their chests. If it’s not yours, don’t touch it.
o Do not consistently ask people for items that you can obtain yourself. Remember your time is less important than other people’s time. Again, this is a standard rule in the Terms of Use rule/
o When making requests, being polite goes a long way. Make sure to be courteous when speaking with others especially mods and admins. Please and thank you are magic words.
o If you make a mistake, even a terrible one, coming forward and taking responsibility for it is the only correct path to take. Trying to hide your mistake will only make things worse for you down the road.
o When mining resources on the surface, make sure to leave mined areas looking as good as possible–there’s nothing worse than walking onto a patch of land or beach and seeing exposed smooth stone/gravel which looks quite ugly. Make sure to keep areas like this covered with at least 1 layer of material. If you need additional resources move on to a different area.
o While we love to have visitors and are looking for residents, limit the amount of advertising. It is hard to maintain a standard of quality when we are inundated with visitors and applicants.
o When an admin or mod says no to something that typically means no. If you are making a request, take the time to think it through so you can explain it to the admin or mod so that way you are more likely to get approval. Think of every request as a job interview – that first impression is very lasting.
o As a friendly reminder – limit the number of builds you are working on. We hate unfinished projects and if you leave something half done, the lot might be overtaken at admin/mods discretion.

Last edited by TheiKing on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

MCPoints : 20068

http://ikingssgc.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Server Policies Empty Re: Server Policies

Post  TheKantoMan Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:49 pm

I don't understand the trial account part, does that mean if I don't log on in 7 days I get demoted???
TheKantoMan
TheKantoMan
OP
OP

MCPoints : 19316

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujetsRetroDe2010

Back to top Go down

Post  TheiKing Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:53 pm

ThatKantoMan wrote:I don't understand the trial account part, does that mean if I don't log on in 7 days I get demoted???

lol no thats just for guest rank, they have to play for 7 days to get PROMOTED lol
TheiKing
TheiKing
Admin
Admin

MCPoints : 20068

http://ikingssgc.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TheKantoMan Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:54 pm

TheiKing wrote:
ThatKantoMan wrote:I don't understand the trial account part, does that mean if I don't log on in 7 days I get demoted???

lol no thats just for guest rank, they have to play for 7 days to get PROMOTED lol
Thanks I got worried a second lol
TheKantoMan
TheKantoMan
OP
OP

MCPoints : 19316

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujetsRetroDe2010

Back to top Go down

Post  rokerboy220 Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:53 am

WORD OVERLOAD D:

rokerboy220